Pages

Search

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do you use Groupon?

I’m not asking if you log on every day. Nor am I asking if they send the deals directly to your inbox. I’m not wondering whether you buy the deals, or how often, or for whom, nor is this about how long it took before you caught wind of the whole idea.

Nope, none of that.

What I’m asking is: do you actually use it?

I think online daily deals are a fantastic idea – for those that leverage it properly. The right way to go about it? Buy things that you spend money on all the time; things for which you regularly pay full price. And that’s it.

No thoughts of, “oh that could be fun” or “I’ll bet my dear friend Mallory would like that” or “I think I’ve heard of that place.”

And after you buy it, use it. I’ve heard of tons of people who pay for the deal and then never cash in on it.

Then, my friend, it’s not a deal at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment