1. Gallons of ice cream – we both know that you’re gonna eat that whole thing. Probably in one or two sittings.
2. Loaves of bread – unless you really do eat a sandwich every day – and some people do – this usually starts out as a grilled cheese craving, and may even result in a toast compromise the next morning. Generally, however, at least a few slices go wasted.
3. Bags of chips or cookies – see “gallons of ice cream”
4. Fresh chicken or fish – if you’re anything like me, you come home, stand in front of the fridge with the door open staring at that raw slab of meat smiling up at you through the cellophane, and realize that the last thing you want to do is whip out the frying pan when you could go to Chipotle. This goes on for enough days, and you end up giving yourself permission to just throw it away.
5. Ramen Noodles – let’s be honest: you're not doing yourself any favors with that.